- No medical check-up required up to 45 years and Rs. 10 Lakhs sum insured
- Maximum entry age is 80 years
- Optional cover for critical illness is available
- Organ donor treatment expenses are covered
Most Popular Policies of United India
- United India Insurance Family Medicare Policy
This policy covers both the proposer and his/her family. Two add-on covers are also available under this plan to cover daily expenses in hospital and ambulance costs.
Key features of Family Medicare Policy
- United India Super Top Up Plan
This top-up policy covers medical expenses when total amount goes past the deductible limit of what you have to pay.
Key features of Super Top-up Plan
- Up to Rs. 2,500 coverage for emergency ambulance service
- Selected day care procedures such as radiotherapy, chemotherapy,dental surgery, eye surgery, are covered
- Coverage for In-patient treatment is available beyond threshold limit up to the sum insured.
- Organ donor expenses are covered
- United India Individual Mediclaim Policy
This health insurance policy is designed to protect individuals from medical expenses for both planned and emergency hospitalization
Key features of Individual Mediclaim Policy
- Organ donor expenses Up to chosen sum assured
- Coverage for major surgeries Up to 70% of the chosen sum assured
- Coverage available for Specific day care procedures
- Coverage available for Ayurvedic treatment if undertaken at a government-approved center
- United India Senior Citizens Health Insurance Policy
Senior Citizens Health Insurance Policy is designed to protect senior citizens in the age group of 61 years to 80 years.
Senior citizen health insurance plan
- Organ donor expenses are covered up to sum assured
- Coverage for Cataract, Hysterectomy, Hernia up to 25% of sum assured
- Major surgeries are covered up to sum assured
- Ayush treatments are covered if it is undertaken at a government-approved center
United India Individual Health Insurance Platinum Policy
The United India Health Insurance Platinum policy is a policy that offers coverage upto Rs.10,00,000 of individuals ranging between 3 months to 35 years. Throughout the period, the policy is renewable and it covers various medical and hospitalization expenses.
The benefits available with the policy are:-
|Pre and post hospitalization||Covers medical expenses that are incurred during 30 days prior to the admission to hospital and 60 days after the discharge.|
|Room rent, boarding and nursing expenses||Are covered upto 1% of the sum insured per day or the actual expenses depending on whichever is less.|
|ICU charges||Are covered upto 2% of the sum insured per day.|
|Cost of health check-up||Reimburses upto a maximum of 1% of the average basic sum insured once after every 3 continuous claim free years.|
Some additional benefits are:-
Along with the above mentioned benefits, the policy also covers the organ donor’s hospitalization expenses in case of any kind of major organ transplant. Day care treatment is also covered under the policy for the illnesses that are mentioned in the policy documents. Ayurvedic, homeopathic and Unani treatment is covered only if the benefactor is hospitalized in a government hospital or medical college hospital. Domiciliary hospitalization is also .covered under the policy.
The costs related to the surgeons, anesthetist, medical practitioner, consultant, specialist fees, blood, oxygen, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, cost of artificial limbs, prosthetics etc are also covered under the policy. The inpatient hospitalization is covered under the policy.
Cashless facility is available if the treatment is availed in a network hospital and reimbursement facility is available if the treatment is availed in a non-network hospital
You can buy the policy online from:-
You can buy the policy online if you wish to. The link to buy the policy online is given below. Credit cards and debit card payment facilities are available on the site to buy the policy. The features and coverage of the policy is so much that not buying the policy would be a loss for a to-be benefactor.
Key features of the policy include:-
The cost of medical check-up once every 3 years provided no claims are made in between the years.
A health checkup is required before the policy is issued to the benefactor.
There is a family discount of 5% of the premium that is available.
The coverage of the policy has:-
The exclusions of the policy are:-
- All kinds of congenital diseases (diseases from the birth) are excluded from the coverage of the policy.
- Naturopathy treatment, acupressure or any non allopathic treatment are also excluded from the coverage of the policy.
- Pregnancy or childbirth related costs are excluded.
- Dental treatments are also excluded from the policy.
- HIV AIDS related treatments do not fall under the coverage of the policy.
The policy has some eligibility criteria’s too:-
The minimum entry age for the United India Individual Health insurance platinum policy is 3 months, while the maximum entry age remains at 35 years. The policy term is usually of 1 year and it is renewable. The maximum amount to be insured under the policy currently stands at Rs.10,00,000 whereas the minimum sum to be insured stands at Rs.1,00,000. There is a provision for a family discount of 5% of total premium if any family member is also insured under the same policy. There is no claim discount of 5% for every claim free year and subsequent years subject to a maximum of 25% a period of 15 days is given as grace period to the benefactors for policy renewal. Any person who is more than 45 years of age is to be insured under the policy has to undergo a medical checkup.
The estimated premium chart for the policy:-
|Sum Insured (in Rs.)||Domiciliary hospitalization limit (in Rs.)||3months-25 years||26 years – 30 years||31 years – 35 years||36 years – 40 years||41 years – 45 years||46 years – 55 years||56 years – 60 years|
If the features and benefits along with the coverage area of the policy entice you enough to buy the policy, then click on the link below. You can pay online through credit cards or debit cards and you also have the option of calling an agent home and discussing the nitty gritty of the policy with them before buying the policy yourself.
Alternative policies given by other companies of the same features:-
- Bharti AXA Smart Health Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Health Suraksha
- New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy